1. The Professional Green Building Council (環 保 建 築 專 業 議 會) (hereinafter called “the PGBC”) is constituted as a company by guarantee. It was formed in 2002 by the Founding Members (The Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA), The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE), The Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects (HKILA) and The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS). The Hong Kong Institute of Planners (HKIP) joined the PGBC in 2005. The Registered Office of the PGBC shall be situated in Hong Kong (19/F., One Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong).
The PGBC is a non-profit making research and education institute to promote a better sustainable built environment through professional involvement. Its objectives are:
(1) to conduct collaborative research and publish research results on local and global developments of green buildings;
(2) to organize researches seminars and training courses in green building design and technology; and
(3) to advise the government on the formulation, setting up and monitoring of a local green building labeling scheme.
2. Members include the Founding Members (HKIA, HKIE, HKILA, HKIS), or any professional institute and organisation which is willing to abide by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the PGBC, the resolutions passed by the Members or the Board of Directors and any rules and regulations applicable to them.
3. There will be Sponsoring Members who shall be any person or any institute and organisation which support the objects in the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the PGBC, the resolutions passed by the Members or the Board of Directors and any rules and regulations applicable, and is willing to provide support in financial terms or in kinds for the furtherance of the objects of the PGBC.